Posted on 8/25/2022
Part Time Marketing and Social Media Director
The Marketing and Social Media Director is responsible for reaching and growing defined target audiences with bold, joyful, and beautiful digital content for the school as well as support, when needed, for the church. The main focus includes, but is not limited to, managing the school’s social media pages as well as the school website.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Manage social media and school website
- Take pictures and write articles about school activities and events for newspapers,
website, social media, and school/parish publications
- Coordinate efforts to promote our school to increase enrollment and parish
- Design and produce flyers promoting the school for enrollment purposes to be distributed for various events
- Keep communication open between parish and school so all know what is happening
- Design and create compelling social media posts that keep St. Dominic trending in a positive light and execute and prepare creative posts for social media with understanding of how to effectively promote on each platform
- Interact with social audiences in a warm and appropriate manner
- Regularly monitor social media comments for objectionable content and remove as appropriate
- Regularly report on the growth and engagement of social audiences. Analyze data and adjust strategies to ensure continued growth and engagement across all social platforms
- Work with the Marketing Committee to ensure major events are marketing (including but not limited to New Family Open House) in the best fashion
- Promote fundraising events/opportunities as well as service events/opportunities for both the school and church as well as other groups including but not limited to Athletics and PTO
- Marketing and Social Media Director is occasionally privileged to confidential information about a student, the student’s family, or a situation that requires confidentiality. Staff members entrusted with this knowledge must be ethical and professional. It is important that this information be held in confidence. Breaches of
confidentiality are subject to consequences up to and including termination.
- Technical excellence. Demonstrate proficiency with social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Preferred experience with Adobe Creative Suite, (including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (including Outlook), and Google Products (including Google Ads). Must be able to photograph with a camera or cell phone camera and edit photos as needed.
- Communication excellence. Must be able to write succinctly and clearly to convey accurate information as efficiently as possible online.
- Design experience. Must have a thorough understanding of design trends and be able to design basic graphics for social media use.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Reliable. Employs good judgment. Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines. Attends to duties as expected and communicates any barriers or difficulties as quickly as possible.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Must have proficient keyboarding skills
- Must have ability to relate to a variety of persons
- Must be able to stand, sit and walk for extended periods
- Must be able to see clearly to read paperwork
- Must be able to walk up and down multiple flights of steps throughout the course of the day/week
- Must be able to use a personal computer, camera or cell phone camera, telephone and other office equipment
- Must be able to bend and reach as necessary
- Must have a high school diploma or higher
- Must be adept in various social media and online platforms
- The Marketing and Social Media Director works a maximum of nineteen (19) hours per week for 41 weeks.
- Hours will be recorded on a timesheet each week. Hours may be worked in a combination of “at home” and in the building as needed.
If you are interested in this position, complete the form below.