Volunteer Opportunities available at St. Dominic
Parents are welcome and encouraged to volunteer at school and in other parish organizations. Please note that in order to work with children in any capacity through St. Dominic Parish & School, or their associated organizations, you must be SafeParish trained and have a background check. (Please see details under “Volunteering with Youth” below for more information). Below is a list of some of the many opportunities available:
- Homeroom Parents
- PTO Board and Committees
- Classroom Helpers
- Library and Lunchroom Helpers
- Parking Lot Monitors
- Service Project Helpers
- Yearbook Helpers
- Education Commission
- Pastoral Council
- Athletic Association
- Jr. Achievement Leaders
- STEM Club Helpers
- And others!!!
Volunteering with Youth Requirements
Our volunteers are the backbone of most of our programs here at St. Dominic Parish. Each person gives freely of his or her time and talents to make our children’s lives richer. We thank every person who is able to help us. There are guidelines and requirements to volunteer with any Youth in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. The program used by the Archdioceses is called SafeParish™. Below are the requirements. If you have any questions, feel free to call Deacon Mark Bardonaro at 471-7741 ext. 415 or DeaconMark@stdominicdelhi.org.
Safe Parish Instructions
If you are a new employee or volunteer, please register for your SafeParish™ account and complete your background and training requirements. Registration instructions are below.
- SAFE ENVIRONMENT USER REGISTRATION
- Go to www.AoCSafeEnvironment.org
- Click “Register” on the top right of the home page
- Enter the passcode protectcincy when prompted.
- Select the location from the drop down where you are employed or volunteer.
- Click the role(s) associated with your employment/service at the parish, school, or Archdiocesan institution. Select a sub-role from the drop down to describe your employment/service at this location.
- If you are active at only this location, this will be your primary location.
- If you are active at more than one location, click the ADD PARISH/LOCATION button and repeat the steps above. With more than one location, please click the “This is my main/primary location” radio button to indicate where you are employed or, if you are a volunteer, where most of your ministry or service is performed.
- Complete your personal information. Please enter your legal name for the purposes of the background screening. There are no credit checks and no soft hits to credit.
- Create a username, password and password clue.
- If information regarding your previous safe environment account can be located, it will be displayed. Click the radio button for the correct choice or choose none of the above if none of the information pertains to you. If your information was found and you clicked the appropriate radio button information regarding your training and background check dates will be transferred into your SafeParish account.
If you have not previously completed an online background check you will be prompted to submit information for a background screening through SELECTION.com.
You will be required to acknowledge that you have downloaded and accepted the terms of the Decree.
If you have not previously completed child protection training you will be prompted to view SafeParish: Protecting Children From Sexual Abuse — Archdiocese of Cincinnati. (If you have completed a background check through VIRTUS, no new background check will be required also if you have attended VIRTUS training, no new training will be required.)
If you have completed the required background checks and child protect training, you will be prompted to click the link to Continue to the Home Page. Your registration is complete.
If you need to complete background check requirements or training, you may use the links in your approval checklist to access these requirements. These steps may be completed all at once or may be completed separately at your convenience. You will receive an automated email weekly to remind you which requirements are outstanding. When all compliance requirements have been completed, your account will be approved, and you will be clear to work/volunteer with youth and vulnerable adults.